Precision Microfluidic Products
|ISSYS can reliably manufacture microtubes
with openings smaller than a human hair.
ISSYS is developing advanced density and flow meters that could dramatically
improve accuracy, reduce costs, and change the way numerous industries
quantify fluid flows.
has produced prototypes that succeed in placing the power of Coriolis
Mass Flow Technology on a microchip. These Micro-Coriolis prototypes demonstrate:
- Improved Accuracy - highly integrated actuation and sensing
electrodes that reduce system variability and eliminate errors, improving
on the meter's accuracy.
- Improved Low Flow Capability - with flow tube diameters ranging
from 50 microns to 500 microns, ISSYS flow meters can span several orders
of flow ranges.
- Reduced Cost - Given the batch fabrication capabilities of
ISSYS' MEMS wafer fabrication technology, ISSYS can produce Micro-Coriolis
mass flow meter elements at a significant discount relative to traditional
- Traditional Coriolis Benefits - Since these devices operate
on the same principle as all other Coriolis-based mass flow meters,
they retain all of the benefits that have driven their popularity. These
include the measurement of true mass flow, provision of accurate density
measurement and insensitivity to process conditions.
- Broad Application - Given the improved accuracy, low cost,
and ultra low flow capability, these tiny sensors promise a big impact
in a number of fields. Potential applications range from drug development
and drug delivery to semiconductor wafer fabrication to analytical chemistry
and beverage processing.
- Drug Infusion Systems - ISSYS, Inc. is developing MEMS-based drug infusion systems.